There were no particular recipes I found that spoke to me for Marrow Beans, so I sorted, soaked, and boiled them.
They start out fairly small...
And, as expected, even more so after cooking...
After searching the internet for ideas, I went with simple. It was not amazing, but I have some ideas that will make leftovers better.
Pasta, Marrow Beans & Arugula
- 12 oz cooked, drained pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 3 cups cooked, well-drained, Christmas Lima Beans
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Zima yellow grape tomatoes
- 4 oz fresh arugula
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packaging. Set aside.
- Cook your Marrow Beans, plainly (see above)
- Peel and thinly slice garlic.
- Warm oil in pot. When warm, add sliced garlic and cook ~2-3 minutes.
- Add Marrow Beans and cook ~3-5 minutes.
- Add pasta, arugula and tomatoes. Cook ~2 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Needs lemon juice cooked in...added between point 5 & 6, above.
The beans were good, but not one I feel the need to rush to find again. I prefer cannellini beans, personally. But they're a creamier bean than I anticipated they'd be while cooking.
Have a great week!